July 12, 2020, 03:54:23 AM

Author Topic: Trophy Taker X-treme FC Pro  (Read 2548 times)

Offline lavacrawler

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
Trophy Taker X-treme FC Pro
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »
So Its time to set-up my new bow now and for awhile I've really been impressed with the rip cord arrow rest but a couple of the guys at the local archery shop have switched to this new Trophy Taker and highly recommended it. Being that they are fairly close in price I'm not sure if its worth a try or should I stick with "if its not broke don't fix it" and stay with the rip cord. Any one have any experience or thoughts on the Trophy Taker.
Thanks

Offline Mountain Bowhunter

• Big Bull
    • View Profile
Re: Trophy Taker X-treme FC Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:04:37 AM »
it doesn't list anything about a lockdown feature on their website which is crucial for a drop away so you don't get bounce back and fletching contact.  rip cord was the first that I know of to offer this.  another thing I have always liked about them is they only have one model.  I have always liked companies that only have one model because it means they don't give in to marketing and put everything into their one product

that said i don't know anything about this rest.  it could be awesome but I don't see myself getting rid of my rip cord anytime soon.
Hoyt Spyder 34 Blackout--Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg--QAD Ultrarest HDX--Fuse Carbon Blade Hunter 11.5"--Carter Chocolate Lite--Gold Tip Pro Hunter--Mystery Ranch Metcalf and Load Sling Multicam--MSR Hubba-Big Agnes Yampa--Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe--Bark River Bushcrafter

Offline BullHunter

• Big Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »
I haven't heard about a lock down feature but it looks like a good rest. I use the NAP apache and love it. Never had a problem with it.
Broadhead Brotherhood - Pro Staff
Side Hill Archery - Field Staff
Maximum Insanity Outdoors - Field Staff
FieldLogic- Pro Staff

2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo
Side Hill Archery Strings
Montana Black Gold Ascent 5pin adjustable
Ripcord Code red drop away
Tightspot quiver

Offline Reelgoodman86

• I got 13 steaks right here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:55:48 PM »
Go with the trophy taker smack down pro. It's limb driven, whereas the xtreme is cable driven. I dislike cable driven as they tend to have "bounce back". The smack down and the xtreme are the same price. I'd give it a look. Everyone at the shop I work at has switched to limb driven rests.
I dislike the rip cord because I've seen them not fall away as they are supposed to. I'm not willing to take that risk in the woods.
Just my $.02.
Team Shoot to Thrill

Offline lavacrawler

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 12:54:59 PM »
Thanks. I'll for sure be taking a good look at that one when I head back into the shop.

Recent Posts

Re: Mt Lion Hunt by Okieelk
[July 11, 2020, 09:31:06 PM]

Re: physical conditioning: navy seal workout by steelheadboy
[July 11, 2020, 12:29:41 PM]

Re: Are elk hunters social distancing? by lang
[July 11, 2020, 11:14:02 AM]

Re: Bear video by lang
[July 11, 2020, 11:09:38 AM]

Re: Wall Tent Pole Bag - What Do You Use? by bryan m
[July 11, 2020, 09:04:47 AM]