September 24, 2021, 09:46:12 AM

Author Topic: Backpack hunting tent/tarp?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline rcb46

• View Profile
Re: Backpack hunting tent/tarp?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 04:43:34 AM »
I have a small biv that weighs around 2lb. I plan on doing a tarp over it for gear and some room to sit. I have not put the method to full use yet.

Offline f16woody

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »
Check out Tarp Tent https://www.tarptent.com/

I have a Stratospire2...trekking pole setup that weighs 44 ounces with the stuff sacks.  Sleeps three...two comfortabley with double vestibules.  I hunt with a partner, so that weight works nice for two.  They have single tarp options as well.

The Tarp Tent site has some good info on picking a camp site and avoiding condensation as well.

Offline cmuske25

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 06:22:04 AM »
Check out Tarp Tent https://www.tarptent.com/

I have a Stratospire2...trekking pole setup that weighs 44 ounces with the stuff sacks.  Sleeps three...two comfortabley with double vestibules.  I hunt with a partner, so that weight works nice for two.  They have single tarp options as well.

The Tarp Tent site has some good info on picking a camp site and avoiding condensation as well.

I've been looking at the Tarp tent website.  Pretty nice looking tents and much more affordable than others on the market.  Which begs the question of quality and how well it stands up to the environments.  Have you had your Stratospire in bad rains or crazy winds? If so what were your thoughts about how it performed?  Thanks

Offline f16woody

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
Sent you a PM

Recent Posts