May 27, 2020, 03:00:15 PM

Author Topic: What is your choice in bino cases?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Bowhunter1

• Satelite Bull
    • View Profile
What is your choice in bino cases?
« on: January 31, 2020, 09:50:33 AM »
I usually just use a harness but am looking at bino cases. What case do you use and what do you like or not like about it? I would like compact as possible and lightweight. I have been looking at the Vortex Glasspack. It seems like what I want.
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - but the size of the fight in the dog. "

Offline 12gaugeage

• View Profile
Re: What is your choice in bino cases?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »
I just recently switched from a bino harness to a case.  I decided on the Alaskan Guide Creations.  They have several models to choose from, depending on your needs.  I love the amount of compartments, one hand zipper access and color options.  Also made in the USA.  Should've bought one sooner.  Good luck...

Offline sniperbait

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 08:16:33 AM »
I also have an Alaskan Guide Creation harness and I'm a big fan of it. Im able to keep my binos, rangefinder, and wind checker easily accessible.

Offline HiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 04:04:16 AM »
I'm running the badlands d mag I like the versatility and can almost run a short <1 mike hike in with my gear in that alone..
I am new to this.... all the help is appreciated for 2020 hunt!

Offline sjl2012

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 07:54:49 AM »
I run the FHF for elk and deer hunting. It's quiet and has enough pockets to hold what I need it to, calls, windchecker, license, etc. I usually run the solohntr one during turkey season because I just need it for my bino's and rangefinder. I'm interested in seeing the new Sitka one when it comes out as well.

Offline wapiti_will

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:54:58 PM »
Had a Badlands Mag and wasn't a huge fan, switched to Alaska Guide Creations Hybrid MAX and love it!
GET FIRED UP!

Offline Bowhunter1

• Satelite Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »
I purchased a Vortex Glasspak. The bino bag seems nice but the side pouches are hard to slip things into. The elastic is TIGHT on the top. I will give it a test run in Turkey season this spring.

It seems that the Alaskan Guide Creations is the most used. I will try that for Elk season if I am not happy with the Vortex.

Thanks for the replies.......
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - but the size of the fight in the dog. "

Offline BrandenBowie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »
I have run the Kuiu Bino Harness for a few years and many of my friends have switched to it because of how lightweight and small it is. For bowhunting it works perfect even with the range finder pouch. I never have any interference and it fits closely to my chest. I have looked at all of the others and they were all either too bulky or too heavy. In my opinion you shouldn't need a bino harness that requires shoulder straps that are dang near the size of backpack straps...

Good luck on your search!

Recent Posts

Re: Easton FMJ 340's by MedicineMan15
[Today at 02:48:50 PM]

Re: Easton FMJ 340's by DuckFarmer
[Today at 11:24:14 AM]

Re: Easton FMJ 340's by MedicineMan15
[Today at 10:28:33 AM]

Re: Thermals by AJHURD
[Today at 06:50:16 AM]

Arrows - HHA and AAE Rests - Hoyt Quiver by TX_Diver
[May 26, 2020, 08:18:35 PM]