May 31, 2020, 04:23:33 PM

Author Topic: Using a fat-tire Ebike for hunting  (Read 2682 times)

Offline bowhntr73

• View Profile
Re: Using a fat-tire Ebike for hunting
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 07:35:39 PM »
I purchased the Quietkat Ranger 750 last year after the Oregon archery elk season. My plan is to use it this season on gated roads and other ATV/UTV trails in my hunting areas. I took it in a few times to my blacktail areas and it was nice to have. Yeah, a little on the spendy side but buy once cry once if it's useful and beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline montanaelk31

• Satelite Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »
I purchased a Radrover 2 years ago.  It is my go to rig for night bugling.  Ebikes are considered motor vehicles on national forest trails so you can only take them where motorized are allowed. But definite game changer for locating elk in the dark.
"The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Offline HiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »
Anyone use a bike when you go out west to hunt?
I am new to this.... all the help is appreciated for 2020 hunt!

Offline bowhntr73

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 06:07:35 PM »
Anyone use a bike when you go out west to hunt?
I live out west and sometimes use my electric bike when I hunt. It is all dependent on where I'm hunting.

Offline Montmac

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
My buddy has done extensive research on e-bikes [he uses one on closed roads all the time]

"As far as riding them on USFS closed roads and other places open to regular bicycles, the USFS has a policy declaring them as "motorized vehicles", which is in direct conflict with Federal Law H.R. 727 which specifically states that they are NOT "motorized vehicles".

CO passed a state law declaring e-bikes are NOT considered motorized vehicles, as well. HB17-1151.

I wouldnt worry about it. But I know many would.

This is the kind of stupidity that permeates too many topics on the Internet.

1.  H.R. 727 is NOT a Federal Law.  H.R. indicates a resolution put forward by the House of Representatives, it is NOT law.  H.R. 727 was a proposed change to the Federal Register (THE LAW), in 2002 that would update the Consumer Product Safety Act.  When the language of H.R. 727 was passed and added to THE LAW, it had nothing to with the use of Ebikes, it simply allowed the Federal Government to control the safety features of Ebikes.  It applies to consumer safety and has nothing what so ever to do with the rules and regulations of USING an Ebike on public or private lands.

2.  Telling people that you wouldn't worry about it is irresponsible and promotes violating laws that can cause financial liability that most would find pretty damaging.  Personally, I'd laugh if I found out that you were being sued for damages after taking your advice.

Offline bowhntr73

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 02:05:58 PM »
I should go back and state that a lot of what determines me using my bike or not is if others with me have a bike. When I'm with others that have bikes, we use them. I hunt public land 95% of the time.

Offline cnelk

• Herd Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 08:44:36 AM »
You know what else I dont worry about? Driving 5mph over the posted speed limit.

Go ahead sue me.

@Montmac - your wonderful attitude just might get you kicked off this site too

Recent Posts

Daughters first by lang
[Today at 03:54:37 PM]

CO OTC Archery HELP! by frogr225
[Today at 12:16:14 PM]

Re: Discount Code - 1x or Multiple Uses by TX_Diver
[Today at 10:08:42 AM]

Re: Discount Code - 1x or Multiple Uses by sjl2012
[Today at 06:12:49 AM]

Discount Code - 1x or Multiple Uses by TX_Diver