April 01, 2020, 12:13:25 PM

Author Topic: What is your choice in bino cases?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Bowhunter1

• Satelite Bull
    • View Profile
What is your choice in bino cases?
« on: January 31, 2020, 09:50:33 AM »
I usually just use a harness but am looking at bino cases. What case do you use and what do you like or not like about it? I would like compact as possible and lightweight. I have been looking at the Vortex Glasspack. It seems like what I want.
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - but the size of the fight in the dog. "

Offline 12gaugeage

• View Profile
Re: What is your choice in bino cases?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »
I just recently switched from a bino harness to a case.  I decided on the Alaskan Guide Creations.  They have several models to choose from, depending on your needs.  I love the amount of compartments, one hand zipper access and color options.  Also made in the USA.  Should've bought one sooner.  Good luck...

Offline sniperbait

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 08:16:33 AM »
I also have an Alaskan Guide Creation harness and I'm a big fan of it. Im able to keep my binos, rangefinder, and wind checker easily accessible.

Offline HiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 04:04:16 AM »
I'm running the badlands d mag I like the versatility and can almost run a short <1 mike hike in with my gear in that alone..
I am new to this.... all the help is appreciated for 2020 hunt!

Offline sjl2012

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 07:54:49 AM »
I run the FHF for elk and deer hunting. It's quiet and has enough pockets to hold what I need it to, calls, windchecker, license, etc. I usually run the solohntr one during turkey season because I just need it for my bino's and rangefinder. I'm interested in seeing the new Sitka one when it comes out as well.

Offline wapiti_will

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:54:58 PM »
Had a Badlands Mag and wasn't a huge fan, switched to Alaska Guide Creations Hybrid MAX and love it!
GET FIRED UP!

Offline Bowhunter1

• Satelite Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »
I purchased a Vortex Glasspak. The bino bag seems nice but the side pouches are hard to slip things into. The elastic is TIGHT on the top. I will give it a test run in Turkey season this spring.

It seems that the Alaskan Guide Creations is the most used. I will try that for Elk season if I am not happy with the Vortex.

Thanks for the replies.......
"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - but the size of the fight in the dog. "

Offline BrandenBowie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »
I have run the Kuiu Bino Harness for a few years and many of my friends have switched to it because of how lightweight and small it is. For bowhunting it works perfect even with the range finder pouch. I never have any interference and it fits closely to my chest. I have looked at all of the others and they were all either too bulky or too heavy. In my opinion you shouldn't need a bino harness that requires shoulder straps that are dang near the size of backpack straps...

Good luck on your search!

Recent Posts

The tags are applied for and the clock is ticking..... by Rdub
[Today at 10:26:36 AM]

Re: Colorado public land hunt by nclonghunter
[March 30, 2020, 06:02:43 PM]

Re: Tents? by Firehawk
[March 30, 2020, 04:06:48 PM]

Re: New to it all... by trautman
[March 30, 2020, 11:30:56 AM]

Re: First time Non Resident Montana Elk Hunt by westbound
[March 30, 2020, 10:43:43 AM]