December 03, 2020, 12:46:28 PM

Author Topic: 2020 Hunt Update Thread  (Read 1511 times)

Offline ribo451

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Hunt Update Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2020, 12:54:57 PM »
No elk photos but had several more encounters. I called in a 6 point bull to 4 yards and hit the only stick between him and me and shot over his back. I don't know how many people have missed a broadside bull at 12 feet but I managed it. The next day I called in a spike to 30 yards and promptly shot under him.

Heard a few bugles the next day in a different area but I'm not convinced they were elk. They didn't quite sound right but I have been fooled before. I will be back there next week. It was hot and the bugling I did hear quit early when it was warming up which sounds more like elk than hunters but I'm still not convinced.

Then the next day I went to a different area and was getting a little discouraged by the lack of elk sign. I got no responses to my calling at the first spot I stopped, so I moved to another spot that was a couple hundred yards above some wallows. I called there for a minute and didn't hear anything. I convinced myself that nothing was around and I wanted to get out to a ridge to glass before it got hot so I started to move off and spotted a 5x5 sneaking in about the same time he saw me from 80 yards.

I have seen and called in bulls 4 out of 6 days and have had a blast. I have to work for the next couple days so I won't be back out till Tuesday. I did get to watch a small bull moose shed his velvet. I will post pictures of him if I can get them off my phone.

Offline ribo451

• Raghorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »
Moose after shedding velvet

Offline cohunter14

• Global Moderator
  • Herd Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 12:51:37 PM »
Just getting settled back in after hitting the Colorado mountains for the first rifle season. It was extremely dry, even though we did get a little snow on Sunday. Definitely a different year hunt-wise, but we were still able to punch two of five tags for our group.

Recent Posts

Re: Finding hunting dudes to elk hunt by Mulehunter
[Today at 11:58:07 AM]

Re: Colorado OTC Units by mandrroofing
[Today at 10:25:54 AM]

Re: Finding hunting dudes to elk hunt by Bowhunter1
[Today at 10:18:19 AM]

Colorado OTC Units by Fatmallard
[Today at 09:34:22 AM]

Finding hunting dudes to elk hunt by Mulehunter
[December 02, 2020, 08:04:07 PM]