All Elk... All The time > General Elk Hunting

2021 Hunt Update Thread

(1/5) > >>

cohunter14:
Here is the 2021 Update Thread. Use this thread as a place to check in and to post updates as to how things are going in your hunt. Heading out? On the road? Made it to camp and have cell service? Hearing bugles? Got one down? Let us know! It's a great way for those who aren't currently in the woods to live vicariously through you!

Jason Balazs:
Well got to the area I am hunting today. It has had a recent burn, ughh. Sitting high on a hill glassing other valleys to try to find elk. Oh, and donít get me started on the amount of people out here

cohunter14:
We hunted the 8th through 13th. Got on elk a couple of times but never got a shot. The elk were silent in both cases. It was HOT, which I am thinking had something to do with the elk being so quiet.

Jason Balazs:

--- Quote from: cohunter14 on September 19, 2021, 08:40:43 AM ---We hunted the 8th through 13th. Got on elk a couple of times but never got a shot. The elk were silent in both cases. It was HOT, which I am thinking had something to do with the elk being so quiet.

--- End quote ---

Yeah they have not talked at all in area 161. Saw one of the largest mule deer bucks of my life at ten yards. Moose everywhere, but hardly any signs of elk. Enjoying being up here but tired after 7 days. I have another week lol, hopefully something pans out.

cohunter14:
A little late on this, but we hunted the 8th through the 13th. It was HOT! Got on a couple different herds of elk, but nothing was vocal at all. My guess is that was due to the heat, but that's just a guess. These seemed to be unpressured elk. We found them in areas with no hunting pressure at all, so I don't think they should have been call shy. Anyway, no luck in filling the tag. On to rifle season!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version