Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Elk Hunting Tips & Tactics / Re: High Altitude 12k+ archery Elk
« Last post by NateW on Today at 06:30:55 AM »
Thanks for the tips!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elk Hunting Tips & Tactics / Re: High Altitude 12k+ archery Elk
« Last post by WyatBaker on June 12, 2021, 10:04:28 PM »
be in the best shape you can be in for your hunt. Being physically fit at any altitude is a big help.
  • try to arrive at altitude at least 48 hours before youll undertake any strenuous physical activity even horseback riding. The more time you can spend acclimating to the elevation before your hunt begins, the better.
  • drink plenty of water.  Altitude sickness is often actually simple dehydration. At higher altitudes, water vapor is lost from the lungs more rapidly than at sea level. If you have a headache, drink a liter of water or Gatoraid ant take some asprin or Tylenol. If your headache goes away quickly chances are youre mostly experiencing dehydration.
  • avoid caffeine and alcohol. These can increase the likelihood of dehydration. If its humid and youre losing a lot of water through perspiration, maintain electrolyte balance with sports drinks designed specifically for this purpose.
  • take it easy. It is harder to breathe at higher altitude and even if you are fit, you can still feel the effects if you push yourself too hard too quickly. Resting at the altitude at which you became ill is often the most effective remedy.
  • if you feel sick to your stomach, focus on objects at your same elevation or above you. Do not focus on your feet or the valley below you. Keep your head up. Breathe deeply, but slowly and steadily.
Other Big Game Hunting / Re: 2021 CO antelope unit recommendations
« Last post by cohunter14 on May 31, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »
Randy, I see that AF011O1R took 5 preference points to draw this year. AM011O1R took 15 preference points. Those took 4 and 15 points in 2020. Looks like you might have gotten hit with some point creep on the doe tag?
« Last post by Rdub on May 31, 2021, 03:23:22 PM »
I have been putting in for AF011R for the last six years ( one pp required ). This year I put in for AM011R since I had 6pps. My second choice was AF011. Net result still getting points. Now have enough points might as well go for something better so we will see.
General Elk Hunting / Re: 2021 Colorado Elk Draw charges hitting credit card
« Last post by cohunter14 on May 30, 2021, 09:16:52 AM »
I drew Colorado unit 61 archery with 24 pts.GYGYPT

Congrats!!!!!!  :thewave:
« Last post by cohunter14 on May 30, 2021, 09:15:32 AM »
Randy, you put in for a unit that only requires one point to draw and didn't draw again with six? Something must be wrong for that to happen. Either it takes more points than that or you aren't putting that as your first choice, right?
« Last post by resebo on May 28, 2021, 07:40:02 AM »
I gave up trying to build points when they started making you purchase a small game permit. I had 3 points so I drew a bull tag to muzzleloader hunt this year. 
« Last post by Rdub on May 27, 2021, 04:40:15 PM »
Just a follow up I now have 7 preference points and no antelope tag.  :oops:
« Last post by elknailer on May 27, 2021, 05:07:00 AM »
I drew Colorado unit 61 archery with 24 pts.GYGYPT
« Last post by aaronpaul14 on May 26, 2021, 09:15:04 PM »
We drew our 1st rifle tags.  Now we know where we are headed in a few weeks for a summer scouting trip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent Posts