July 31, 2021, 08:34:16 AM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Rdub

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
46
Hunt Planner / Re: Who Has Their Day to Day Hunt Planned?
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
Most likely right here.

47
Hunt Planner / Re: Who Has Their Day to Day Hunt Planned?
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »
I know exactly where I will be at first light on opening day. I can feel the chill already.

48
Elk Hunting Tips & Tactics / Re: Open Country Bulls
« on: August 12, 2019, 08:13:41 PM »
Elk are plains animals so all of that is possible. The key is to understand where the pressure is coming from as they will always move away from that. I have spotted elk as they were making their way back up the mountain following the coulees after eating in the ranchers hay field in the valley overnight. Then bedding down a couple of miles up the hill after that.

49
General Elk Hunting / Re: Think it's time! Let the countdown begin.
« on: August 11, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »
20 days for Colorado archery deer, November for rifle elk. May have to pick up some tags for in between. Really hard this life we lead".."..................

50
General Elk Hunting / Re: ELK Cheat Sheet
« on: August 09, 2019, 09:52:00 PM »
1. Breathe
2. Let the adrenaline rush pass
3. Range the animal
4. Wait for a clear shot
5. Exhale
6. Take the shot
7. Follow through
8. Shake uncontrollably and scream Oh Yes
9. Go to work


Some steps get missed along the way........

51
Elk Hunting Tips & Tactics / Re: What's more important to you?
« on: August 09, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »
If I get 15 days can I get a 2nd cow tag? There is nothing more valuable than knowing the area you hunt. Elk may move around in an area but, if they are there they are there. Pressure is the variable not food, water, and safety of the edge.

52
General Elk Hunting / Re: Overestimating Success?
« on: August 07, 2019, 07:50:01 AM »
For the past 10 years I have hunted the same area with the same guys and have only had to eat tag soup 3 times. 7/10 for me seems like a fair percentage of success. Knowing the area and working as a team with the other hunters in my group has helped a lot.

53
General Elk Hunting / Re: TAG STACKING
« on: August 06, 2019, 12:58:34 PM »
cow elk tag
bull elk tag
archery deer tag

54
University of Elk Hunting ONLINE COURSE / Re: Success Question
« on: August 05, 2019, 09:05:46 PM »
Great point. From my perspective the difference between success and not being successful boils down to not giving up. The timing will never be perfect, the weather will always be changing. Take the time to learn your hunting area, be willing to change your plan, go all in, and your odds will improve. Learn from every hunt and use the knowledge to sharpen your skills and never, never, ever give up.

55
General Elk Hunting / Re: Free Gear Friday!
« on: August 02, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »
1. 5 days in GMU3 4th season rifle cow tag
2. 80%chance of success
3. 90% chance of success or 10% improvement

56
Campfire / Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!
« on: July 26, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
Have a great time. Glad to see you getting out.

57
Campfire / Re: Garden 2019
« on: July 24, 2019, 07:37:44 PM »
Garden is rolling along

59
Thursday golf league and it was smokin hot.  :oops:

60
More arrows, groups shrinking to the point Im shooting different spots so I dont Robin Hood an arrow. Costs too much.  :mrgreen:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Recent Posts

Re: Questions on Clothing by Back_Country
[July 29, 2021, 12:20:56 PM]


Re: Seeking Montana Archery Tag help. by 406sapper
[July 27, 2021, 02:59:05 PM]


Re: Questions on Clothing by montanaelk31
[July 25, 2021, 10:55:32 AM]


Re: Questions on Clothing by cohunter14
[July 21, 2021, 07:35:55 AM]


Questions on Clothing by Samc1998
[July 20, 2021, 05:15:36 PM]