This is one of my all-time favorite Chili recipes! It is perfect to make up before elk season, and then take with you to elk camp to warm up after a long day of elk hunting. And it’s really simple to make as well!
Prep time is around 15 minutes, and the chili will be ready to eat in another 30 minutes. Elk burger, sausage, canned green chili, kidney beans, brown sugar, chili powder….do I need to say more???
# of Servings: 10+
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage and elk burger over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Add the onion, celery and garlic to the meat. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring until tender.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, green chilis, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cheese (optional) and serve immediately.